On crutches

Dear Family,
 
Where do I begin? It feels like the MTC is in a time warp zone where every week actually feels like at least two weeks.  It is full of activities and studying and learning every minute so days feel longer than they actually are. Right now I am typing this with my foot propped up on a chair. You might be wondering why?
Well, as if learning a completley foriegn language, being a solo sister, and being with 19-year old boys all days isn't challenging, enough MTC experience, I seemed to have found a fantastic way to make it more challenging. 
These have been some of the events of the last few days:
- I went up to spike a volleyball and when I landed, I landed on a guys foot and was in some serious pain. (I didn't cry though and tried to get up but couldn't)
- I got to be embarrased by several hundred people as every person from gym time was watching me. They whistled, oohed and whispered as an elder held my hand, and lifted me into a rolley chair to be carted away.  Yes, I held an Elder's hand in the MTC, however I was in so much pain I was naseous and didn't really remember it. 
- The mission staff did a test for broken bones in my ankle. I came up positive both times in the same spot. 
- I got to go on a "fun" fieldtrip to the doctor for x-rays. However, because of pioneer day, the radiologist would be out of town until Tuesday and I would not know if it was fractured until then. 
- I get to use crutches. Even when I'm sore everywhere I still have to use them.
Challenges this week include but are not limited to: falling down stairs multiple times in front of people, putting on clothes, showering, using the bathroom, sitting wtih a skirt, opening doors, getting food in the cafeteria, walking uphil to the temple, using crutches in the celestial room with temple clothes on, and last but not least waking up at 2:24 am to the piercing sound of a fire alarm going off in our building and rushing down 3 flights of stairs with crutches in pajamas while everyone is panicking.
 
Now, to the average person, that might sound like a lot of terrible things, and an overall terrible week. However it wasn't I had a lot of blessings. I have learned patience, patience, and more patience.  I have met a lot of nice people that I wouldn't have otherwise. I had wonderful roomates who have been helping me so much even helping me down the stairs during the mid-night fire scare when everyone was rushing. (it turned out it was a false alarm) . I had a sweet temple worker that literally put me in a hug most of the session so I wouldn't fall over.  I am closer to my district than before because even though I am very stubborn, there are so many things I can't do by myself right now.  A random girl gave me a really nice rolley suitcase to use when I leave so I don't have to buy one because she didn't need it.  When the MTC was taking the second ever MTC group photo of everyone in the MTC, I was lucky enough to sit in the second row so i will probably be hanging on the wall for a long time. I was able to go to an amazing fireside, where they were also filming clips of the MTC for a documentary on the growth of the Church in Africa.  I got to meet the President of the MTC, President Brown, even if it was when i was on crutches. When he found out what I did, he smiled and said, "you little rascal."  I will have really really toned biceps when this is over.  I had to be the suprise speaker in Sacrament, (they call people without noticeo on Sunday) which was the longest walk ever to the pulpit with crutches and my roomate carrying my notes and scriptures, and even though my talk was only half written I could really feel the spirit and an elderly sister missionary came up and asked me for me notes after. So I knew I helped at least one person. I also know I'm safe from giving a talk next week!! I was also able to give a "fake lesson" to a RM who served in Fiji, but it went really well this week so that was another blessing. We got to teach it in Enlgihs, but even though it wasnt a real investigator , he said he could really feel we were teaching with the power of the Holy Ghost and if he was a real investigator he would have joined. It also lasted an hour! (its only supposed to be 35 minutes) . Best news is I found out today my ankle isn't fractured! So i will be able to get better faster!
 
Some funny things that happened this week -
My teacher accidentally keeps calling me sister Neider. Which is the last name of an elder in our room who is 5'7 130 pounds.  he even accidentally wrote it on the board so now every one gives me a hard time about it. 
- my roomate had an elder that was interested in her (she is 23) so when the elder left, he have her a candy bar inside a candy bar, and on the wrapper was written his address, trying to be all smooth. We were cracking up.
- when we ran out of the building at 2 am in pjs some how I had fell asleep with my nametag on so everyone thought it was funny I was so prepared!
 
Well love you all! Hope everything is going well
 
Lots of love
 

No Response to "On crutches"

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Followers

Copyright © 2009 540 days of fiji All rights reserved.